Saturday 9 January 2016

The Grey Seals of Bardsey

Whilst home on Bardsey over Christmas, I spent a fair bit of my time filming the island's Grey Seal population. Due to the exposed nature of most of the coastline, the wintering population of seals (around 150) gather onto a single beach in one of the bays. Here, you can sneak up to a small natural hole in a rock face, peer through and watch the dramas that unfold in such a tightly-nit community! I recently pulled together my various pieces of footage into this video, which is worth watching if you have the time. I am pleased to say that the Daily Post published the video on their website, which can be seen at this link.

I hope you enjoy watching!


You can see a few of the different places where it has been published here:
- Daily Post
- New Zealand TV
- The Independent

No comments:

Post a Comment